The Celtics will welcome the Bucks for the playoffs opening game at Boston Garden.
This is a totals pick based on two roller coaster assumptions.
- The Celtics would wanna slow the transition game of the Bucks and that way avoid to be caught with not enough defensive tools against the energetic Bucks. Brad Stevens underlined that several times during the week.
- That talk about defense caused many bettors to jump on under making the line drop from 205 to 201.
- The books saw it and immediately applied a correction up making it more comfortable for the under bettors while correcting it to 202.5.
- Knowing the books and Vegas - the last thing on their mind is making it easier for us.
The Bucks aren't able to keep the pace down and in order to stay in the game they will have to attack the basket as soon as they get the possession. That will cause turnovers and quick Celtic points.
The stats are as follows:
* Over is 9-1 in Bucks last 10 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.
* Over is 4-0 in Celtics last four overall.
* Over is 8-1-1 in the last 10 meetings in Boston.